Put Your Personality Into Your Backsplash!
Whether you have just installed new cabinets and countertops or are looking to freshen up your kitchen, the backsplash can be the space to have fun and let your creativity show. Backsplash tiles are available in glass, ceramic, porcelain, metal, and natural stone.
The finishes and styles offer a vast array of design possibilities. Making choices can be daunting, so start by ruling out items that just do not catch your eye. Chances are, you’ll know it when you see it, and knowing how to use it is the key.
- Select a tile that suits the style and color of the room. You don’t need everything to match but it is helpful if the colors work with each other.
- Consider the size and pattern. For instance a large rectangular glass tile will look and feel more contemporary than a tumbled 4”x4”marble tile placed on the diagonal.
- Consider using accents such as 1”x1” tiles or Rail Moldings. These can be used to accentuate the area over the cooktop, or the perimeter of the room. When planning a perimeter rail molding, try not to place in any area where there are outlets. It is better to have these moldings where they will not be interrupted.
- Look into the different textures offered today. There are crackle glazes, gloss, linen looks, stone textures, and almost any other finish you can imagine. If you are looking for that old world feel, you would want a tumbled finish. When looking for a classic finish, you may want a crackle glaze subway tile. Each will give you a different feel.
- Accents in metal are a great option when space is tight and neutrals are the choice. There are many different varieties of metal inserts that will add a designer feel to your project. Keep the field tile simple, and use the accent as your focal point.
- Have fun! The backsplash can be a wonderful place to show your personality. If you like color, this is the place to do it. Even bright colors can give your home a designer feel and can add spark to any space.
When creating your backsplash seems to daunting, come into our showroom and let one of our experienced designers help you achieve the look and feel you desire. Having the product knowledge and creativity, our staff can help you get the look you would like. The possibilities are endless.