The Area Rug Solution
When your getting ready to select an area rug for your room, consider the following:
- The size of the rug is determined by the scale and placement of the furniture.
- In a living room area, a small rug can be laid just under the coffee table or a larger rug can anchor a full grouping of furniture.
- For a dining room, the rug should allow ample space for the chairs to be comfortably pulled out to accommodate your guests.
- To add softness or coziness to a bedroom, lay smaller rugs to either side of a bed directly on the hardwood or over wall to wall carpet.
- Area rugs should be thought of as ‘art’ for the floor.
- Finding the right pattern and color will finish off a room, just like a painting on the wall, a table sculpture or a decorative throw pillow on the sofa.
- Whatever your taste or style, there are lots of choices available to you from traditional to contemporary.
- Have some fun with it, be creative and don’t be afraid to mix textures, patterns and color.